Technical Excellence with Personal Care
Our mission is to provide quality laboratory services and to adapt to the ever-changing needs of our physicians and patients. We realize there is a patient behind each specimen and we constantly strive to provide the highest level of technical excellence and personal care.
Riverview's full-service Clinical Laboratory performs over 700,000 tests every year in our state-of-the-art facility. We operate 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and process all specimens the same day they are collected. Patient samples are not delayed by extensive transport time to other laboratories.
For specialized tests that are not performed at Riverview, we use a reference laboratory located in Indiana, which keeps your specimen closer to home. Results from our reference laboratory are received electronically, incorporated into our laboratory information system and reported promptly to the patient's physician.
Serving Inpatient & Outpatients
Our laboratory supports the clinical testing needs for Riverview patients during their stay and outpatient testing for the entire community. For the convenience of our patients, Riverview couriers pick up specimens daily from physicians' offices and deliver them to our laboratory for testing.
Common tests provided through the laboratory:
- Basic and Complete Metabolic Panels
- Complete Blood Counts (CBC)
- Lipid Panel
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Prenatal Panels
- Blood Glucose
- Therapeutic Drug monitoring
- Prothrombin Time
Outpatient Collection Forms
- Immunochemical Fecal Occult Blood Test
- Pinworm Analysis
- Sputum, Deep Cough
- Stool Collection
- 24 Hour Urine Collection
- Clean Catch Urine Collection
- Semen Analysis - Fertility
- Semen Analysis - Post Vasectomy
- Gestational 1-Hour Glucose Tolerance Screen
- 2-Hour Glucose Tolerance Screen
- 3-Hour Glucose Tolerance Screen
- 2-Hour Postprandial Glucose
- Type & Crossmatch or Type & Screen
- Patient Introduction & Information Following Therapeutic Phlebotomy
- Patient Instructions for Rh Immune Globulin Injection
- Maternal Serum Screening
- Cystic Fibrosis Mutation Panel
- Capillary Samples
- 5-HIAA 24-Hour Urine Collection
- Newborn Screen Collection in the Outpatient Lab
- Labeling Criteria
For More Information
Outpatient Lab Hours
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday 7:00 AM to Noon
Located on the Second floor of Main Hospital
Direct Access Lab Testing
Discounted laboratory testing available here. Many profiles to choose from.
Coming in For Tests
When coming in for tests please:
- Enter through the Riverview Emergency Center (Entrance #1)
- Go to the Outpatient Lab
Please bring a copy of your test order, or ask your physician to fax the order to 317-776-7300.
For lab results, contact your physician’s office.